Thursday, March 30, 2017

A Sign



A door opens.

"Good afternoon, welcome to Kay-nan Plastics. May I help you?"

"Oh! I didn't see you there, sorry, I, ah, was looking, someone to ask about..."

"I'd be happy to assist however I can."

"Well, I was actually, you know, wondering about something, ah, different?"

"We also offer consulting services."

"No, not that. I heard from, ah, a friend? 
There's a kind of special, ah, activity here, and..."

"Plastic molding is our specialty, we don't have any other lines of business."

"Well, he said that the lamp outside, it's a kind of signal, being twisted 
like that, it means people are gathering at the, ah, well, the temple."

"I'm sorry, your friend is confused. There's no temple here, just machinery. That old light gets loose sometimes. I'll have our custodian tighten it."

"Oh. Okay. Um, sorry to bother you."

"Not at all. Have a nice day!"

A door closes.

"Albert, get up here! Listen to me, you worm. I've told you twice about the return spring on the lamp, and now it's attracting attention. In Baal's name I swear, if you don't get it fixed, you'll be the one on the altar tonight!"

No comments:

Post a Comment